Munro-Greenhalgh has its roots as far back as 1926. Even in this new electronic era our values remain the same as they have always have been – to try our hardest for our clients.
First and foremost you need to understand that we work for you – not the Insurers. Our objectives for any client are: -
- To help you identify areas of 'risk' to you and your business.
- To provide advice on measures that may help you reduce those 'risks' and where appropriate to arrange a suitable Insurance policy (with a reputable insurer) at the best possible price.
- Finally, and most important – should an accident or loss occur to be there by your side to ensure that claims are dealt with as efficiently as possible.
Sounds simple – but it's not! No two clients are the same – there is always something unusual that has to be considered. There are also various Insurers, from household names to specialist schemes to obscure insurers based in far away countries all with their own policy wordings and small print.
We as your Insurance Broker have many years experience in knowing how our industry works – which Insurers offer good or poor service. It's not all about cost but the best value for money.
Unfortunately on occasions disputes do arise with Insurers – but that's part of the fun and games of our job. We won't shy away from an argument and will always fight our clients corner to ensure a fair settlement.
For all our clients we look to provide
- Support by a highly experienced account handler who will ensure you receive a seamless service and expert advice. This close working relationship guarantees that your insurance cover continues to meet the changing needs of your business as it evolves. And if the worst happens and you need to make a claim, you can be confident that your claim will be settled smoothly.
- Levels of cover to meet your requirements
- Policies with a carefully selected panel of the UK's leading insurers with a 24/7 claims service.
- A free review of current insurance arrangements
- A selection of payment options including monthly instalment facilities available upon request
- Access to other professionals where needed, including Health & Safety/Risk Management Advisors, Intruder Alarm Installers etc.
Code of Ethics
To reflect our professional standards, we strive to adhere to the following Ethical Code.
Staff are obliged to comply with this code and failure to do so may result in disciplinary action being taken.
Our Key Values are:-
- Behaving with responsibility and integrity at all times.
- Acting in a courteous, honest and fair manner towards anyone you may deal with.
- Being trustworthy and never putting our own interests ahead of that of our clients and counter parties.
- Complying with all the relevant laws and legislation surrounding our industry and meeting the requirements of the regulatory authorities at all times.
- Demonstrating professional competence and due care.
- Upholding professional standards in all dealings.
- Respecting the confidentiality of all information we handle.
- Applying objectivity to our professional judgements and in giving opinions and statements, not allowing prejudice or bias or influence by others to override our objectivity.
Relations With Customers
We seek to earn and maintain the trust of our customers at all times and will: -
- Give fair and proper considerations and the appropriate priority to the interests and requirements of all customers.
- We will obtain and provide all relevant information, including all necessary documentation and respect the confidentiality of information.
- Avoid conflict between personal interests, or the interest of any associated company, person or group of persons and our duties to all our customers.
- Avoid conflict between any competing interests of one or more customers, stepping aside in one or all matters to avoid such conflicts if they cannot be resolved to our customers’ satisfaction.
- Act at all times with due skill, care and diligence.
- Act only within the limits of our own personal competence and limits of authorisation.
- Act in a financially honest and prudent manner, including ensuring the protection of any money and/or property we may hold on our clients’ behalf.
- Act openly, fairly and respectfully at all times.
- Be clear and prompt in all communication with our customers.
- Provide suitable and objective advice and/or recommendations.
- Not provide or accept money, gifts, entertainment or any other type of preferential treatment for or to any customer or provider, which are not part of standard business practice and which may be considered a conflict of interest.